[x] Bitte registrieren Sie sich um alle Funktionen des Forums nutzen zu können. Als Gast können Sie z.B. keine Bilder betrachten.

Registrieren          Schliessen
Achtung!
 >  Technik > Detektoren Hersteller / Marken > Minelab > Thema:

CTX 3030 + E-Trac: Wie FBS / FBS 2 wirklich funktioniert (english)

Gehe zu:  
Avatar  CTX 3030 + E-Trac: Wie FBS / FBS 2 wirklich funktioniert (english)  (Gelesen 523 mal) 0
A A A A
Seiten: 1    Nach unten
(versteckt)Themen Schreiber
17. Februar 2013, um 12:44:34 Uhr

Es gibt immer wieder Diskussionen, wie das Multifrequenz-Verfahren von Minelab (FBS) wirklich funktioniert.
Ich habe dazu im englischen Forum einen schönen Artikel gefunden, der Licht in das Dunkel bringt.
Ist halt in english. Aber wer das verstehen will, kann bestimmt auch english.

Geschrieben von {author}

By varying the length of the pulses and spacings you can create a wide variety of frequencies. Measuring the FBS transmit output on a bench doesn't really give the whole picture, because once the detector begins to measure the ground it can vary the transmit waveform.

The FBS detectors listen in on what Minelab calls three Channels. The purpose of the three Channels is to have optimum frequencies for low conductive targets, medium conductive targets, and high conductive targets being processed all at once.

Oddly enough some of the above general concept is related to the X-terra platform. On the X-terra you have a choice of 3KHz, 7.5KHz, plus 18.75KHz coils and those frequencies are NOT harmonically related. Now let's design a new X-terra model called the Variable X-terra. It will transmit on all three frequencies at once, but it will have the ability to automatically vary it's three core frequencies widely within a certain Band(or as Minelab calls it on FBS a Channel). Let's predefine our band(Channel)limits; our 3KHz can automatically vary from 2KHz to 5Khz, our 7.5KHz from 6KHz to 12Khz, and our 18.75KHz from 15KHz to 23KHz. So we are standing in a field and turn on the Variable X-terra.....the internal computer takes a look at the conditions and says wait a minute we have some problems here. The ground is showing a strong response at 18.75KHz so off the computer goes and chooses 17KHz as our Low Conductivity Channel. Likewise 3KHz is showing EMI problems so the computer searches around and finds 4KHz as quiet and that is our High Conductivity Channel. It turns out 7.5KHz is just ducky so the computer leaves that alone. None of the chosen frequencies are harmonically related because of the use of "multi-period rectangular waves".

Why is this superior to a Fundamental plus two harmonics? Because in order to shift the Harmonics I "have to" shift the Fundamental. And if I end up in a situation where I "have to" shift the Fundamental then the two harmonics are going to shift also. Now consider where I have an EMI issue on the Fundamental frequency but when I shift it I run into an EMI issue on one of my Harmonics, you're stuck between a rock and a hard place. Using the FBS method it can arbitrarily shift the frequencies to optimize the detector. Therefore because of the "multi-period rectangular waves" Minelab can transmit 28 frequencies and listen in on the best frequency within each Channel(Band) for the three different conductivity levels.

Therefore, and I hope this is clear, the three Frequencies being listened to today may not be the same as being listened to the next day depending on local conditions. The computer is designed to pick the best three and can arrive at that decision in seconds with what could take you half an hour of twiddling to do.

{alt}

Quelle: Sie haben nicht die Berechtigung Links zu sehen.
Registrieren oder Einlogen
Englisches Findmail Forum
http://www.findmall.com/file.php?86,file=232821

Seiten: 1 
Haftungsausschluss / Nutzungsbedingungen Datenschutzerklärung Impressum Kontakt Mobile Version