[x] Bitte registrieren Sie sich um alle Funktionen des Forums nutzen zu können. Als Gast können Sie z.B. keine Bilder betrachten.

Registrieren          Schliessen
Achtung!
 >  Fundforen > Unbekannte Funde - UFOs (Moderator: MichaelP) > Thema:

A few finds, need ID help on an older coin...

Gehe zu:  
Avatar  A few finds, need ID help on an older coin...  (Gelesen 916 mal) 0
A A A A
Seiten: 1    Nach unten
(versteckt)Themen Schreiber
18. Oktober 2008, um 23:59:57 Uhr

I trimmed hedges and trees most of the morning to early afternoon today.  Wifey and daughter came out to help voluntarily, I thought this was unusual and got suckered into taking them shopping this evening, LOL.  Managed to get out for a 1.5 hour hunt before shopping on one of my favorite fields.  There was a family there harvesting apples along the lane, thought I had seen them there a few weeks ago.  I parked and started getting my gear ready when I heard two little kids running down the lane and they were carrying a metal detector, OH NOOOO.  They had a kids detector.  I talked to them a few weeks ago at this same spot for about 10 minutes about the detector and showed them a few finds.  Apparently, they bugged mom and dad about a metal detector and got one.  I had a few late 1800s coins I buried for them to find and gave them a quick course on detecting.  Then their mother came down for some chit chat.  After about 30 minutes I was finally able to detect.  I found two late 1800s coins, not the ones I buried for the kids, LOL, two buttons an old coin and this glass bead.  The bead is smaller than a pea.
{alt}

The obverse of the older coin, a bust facing right, looks like it might say Philip II around the legend.  The research I did on it suggests it is from the late 1500s.  I need help with the ID.  The coin  is 14 MM in diameter and looks to be silver with a patina built up.
{alt}

Reverse of the coin, a short cross and several letters around the legend.  Any help on the ID would be appreciated and it may not be German.  HH, Mike
{alt}

http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb7/BavariaMike/SeptDec08/18Oct08Glassbead.jpg
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb7/BavariaMike/SeptDec08/18Oct081580O.jpg
http://i208.photobucket.com/albums/bb7/BavariaMike/SeptDec08/18Oct081580R.jpg

(versteckt)
19. Oktober 2008, um 08:26:58 Uhr

Hi Mike Winken,

Nice Coin.Maybe it is a France Coin.

Winken

(versteckt)
19. Oktober 2008, um 15:46:43 Uhr

These ones look pretty similar:

Sie haben nicht die Berechtigung Links zu sehen.
Registrieren oder Einlogen

MFG Max Winken

(versteckt)Themen Schreiber
21. Oktober 2008, um 07:59:57 Uhr

Thanks Max!!!  I believe it is a Philip II of Spain around 1580.  HH, Mike

(versteckt)
22. Oktober 2008, um 20:31:32 Uhr

Hi,
is the hole of the bead thrilled?
Greetings from nefruneith

Seiten: 1 
Haftungsausschluss / Nutzungsbedingungen Datenschutzerklärung Impressum Kontakt Mobile Version